When the Jaguars offense bogs down and is forced to punt, attention in 2007 will focus on rookie…
Jaguars Notebook: Adam Podlesh
- Podlesh became the first player in University of Maryland history to earn All-ACC honors four times.
- 38% of his career punts landed inside the 20-yard line.
- 16% of his career punts landed inside the 10-yard line.
- Has never had a punt blocked in his career
- He was the holder on extra point and field goal attempts.
- In 2003, as a red-shirt freshman, Podlesh finished with a 42.3 yard average, and was a semi-finalist for the Ray Guy award (given to the nations best punter).
- In 2004, Podlesh finished with a 43.7 yard average, and was a semi-finalist again for the Ray Guy award.
- In 2005, Podlesh finished with a 43.6 yard average, and had just five touchbacks in 44 punts.
- In 2006, Podlesh finished with a 42.9 yard average, and was a semi-finalist for the Draddy Award, honoring the top student athlete in the nation.
- At his pro-day, Podlesh ran a 4.43, 40 yard dash, as well as a 375 lb. bench press. Podlesh squatted 435 lbs., with a 325 lb. power clean, and a 34" vertical leap.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More