When the Jaguars offense bogs down and is forced to punt, attention in 2007 will focus on rookie…
Jaguars Notebook: Adam Podlesh
- Podlesh became the first player in University of Maryland history to earn All-ACC honors four times.
- 38% of his career punts landed inside the 20-yard line.
- 16% of his career punts landed inside the 10-yard line.
- Has never had a punt blocked in his career
- He was the holder on extra point and field goal attempts.
- In 2003, as a red-shirt freshman, Podlesh finished with a 42.3 yard average, and was a semi-finalist for the Ray Guy award (given to the nations best punter).
- In 2004, Podlesh finished with a 43.7 yard average, and was a semi-finalist again for the Ray Guy award.
- In 2005, Podlesh finished with a 43.6 yard average, and had just five touchbacks in 44 punts.
- In 2006, Podlesh finished with a 42.9 yard average, and was a semi-finalist for the Draddy Award, honoring the top student athlete in the nation.
- At his pro-day, Podlesh ran a 4.43, 40 yard dash, as well as a 375 lb. bench press. Podlesh squatted 435 lbs., with a 325 lb. power clean, and a 34" vertical leap.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 8 Strategy
Should you keep Fred Jackson or cut him? Should you cut Zac Stacy or trade him? Each team requires its own strategy based on different circumstances and Dr. Roto does his best to clarify your…Read More
Who's Hot? Week 8: Trevone, Pitt D, Kirby
The stud teams, players, coaches and trends from Week 8Read More
10 Rules For Night Shift Walleyes
Autumn walleye anglers turn their bows toward the launch ramp as the sun sets and evening temperatures begin to fall. That’s when Steve DeZurik begins his fishing shift.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
The Haunted History of the White House
The Executive Mansion isn't just home to the First Family. It's also home to a variety of...ghosts.Read More