Come take a look at selected images from the Jaguars and Dolphins matchup in Jacksonville.
Jaguars Winners and Losers
1. Ryan Hoag. The former Bachelorette contestant led the team in receiving as he caught three balls for 71 yards, including a 53-yard bomb from Todd Bouman in which he had to adjust to the ball and made a fine grab.
2. Brian Witherspoon. The "Stillman Flash" continued to show his game-breaking speed on some early returns before injuring his ankle. Assuming his injury is minor, Witherspoon will likely earn a roster spot.
3. Mike Walker. After a difficult week against Atlanta in which he dropped a couple passes, Walker was able to get open consistently and caught three passes for 36 yards.
4. D'Juan Woods. All D'Juan Woods has done is caught every pass thrown his way in the preseason and through much of training camp. We're not sure if Woods will make the roster, but he's done everything he can possibly do.
5. Charles Davis. Big Charles Davis was solid in run-blocking, and caught two passes for 19 yards including a leaping 12-yard touchdown reception.
6. Justin Durant. Durant was one of the few bright spots from what appeared to be a much uninspired Jacksonville defense.
7. Todd Bouman. It may be too little too late for Bouman, but he showed solid arm strength and was the most accurate passer for the Jaguars Saturday night.
8. Derrick Harvey. Although Harvey didn't play because he's still not signed, his value must have grown as the Jaguars couldn't get any kind of pass rush against the Miami offensive line.
Guys who didn't play so well:
1. David Garrard. The Jaguars starting quarterback hardly looked like a franchise guy, as he consistently missed open receivers and looked hesitant while going through his reads.
2. Paul Spicer. Aside from one early highlight, Spicer was handled by Dolphins rookie left tackle Jake Long.
3. Cleo Lemon. The backup quarterback job is Lemon's to lose, and he did his best to lose the job. Lemon hit on just 5 of 12 passes and had a bad interception.
4. Rashean Mathis. Mathis was beat several times by Ted Ginn and Derek Hagan, and looks nothing like a former Pro Bowl cornerback.
5. Brian Williams. Williams started at safety and the defense appeared to suffer. Williams was in the wrong spots from time to time.
6. John Broussard. After a great training camp a year ago, Broussard has hurt his roster chances this year. Broussard dropped a big third-down pass Saturday night, and hasn't stood out at all thus far.
7. Mike Peterson. The Jaguars veteran middle linebacker looked slow and played poorly Saturday night.
We could've pointed out several others that played poorly for the Jaguars. It was one of the sloppiest performances in the Jack Del Rio era, as the team seemed utterly uninspired and offensive execution was nearly non-existent.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of Sports Media Interactive, covering multiple teams in the National Football League, NCAA, and National Basketball Association. Charlie is a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports and Sirius NFL Radio, and has been featured on the NFL Network. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers of America. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More