Tony Romo's Cowboys and Aaron Rodgers' Packers are among 14 teams preparing to duke it out in the…
What the Jaguars Learned Against the Colts
1. Play with a sense of urgency. Despite a dismal start to the game by the Jaguars defense, the team tightened up and never seemed down emotionally, despite facing adversity throughout the game.
2. Stay composed. The Jaguars had very few lapses in concentration and judgment as they committed just five penalties for 44 yards, and won the turnover battle, 2-1.
3. Get pressure on Manning. Although the Jaguars registered just one sack, the team knocked down the Indianapolis quarterback several times and thus disrupted the timing of the Colts offense.
4. Use your weapons. The Jaguars rode their horses in this game, as both Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew topped 100 yards.
5. Stop Joseph Addai. Addai had a solid statistical game, gaining 78 yards on 16 carries with two touchdowns, but he didn't take over. The Jacksonville rushing defense was solid, but not great.
What to look for:
1. Look for the Jaguars to make a big play on special teams. The biggest play of the game came from special teams as Josh Scobee hit a 51-yard field goal with four seconds left.
2. Look for a lot of no huddle. Outside of two-minute drills, neither team actually went no-huddle for much of the game. When the Jags did go no-huddle, they had some success.
3. Draw plays a plenty. The Jaguars ran the draw with Maurice Jones-Drew, Fred Taylor, and even David Garrard. The draw worked to the tune of 236 yards on the ground.
4. Look for at least five combined sacks. We shot an air-ball on this prediction. Both offensive lines were solid as the Jaguars registered the only sack of the game.
5. Look for a touchdown not by the offense. Rashean Mathis cut in front of Marvin Harrison and took a Peyton Manning throw 61 yards to the house.
Charlie Bernstein is the Editor-in-Chief of Sports Media Interactive, covering multiple teams in the National Football League, NCAA, and National Basketball Association. Charlie is a regular syndicated contributor to FoxSports and Sirius NFL Radio, and has been featured on the NFL Network. Charlie is also a member of the Pro Football Writers of America. Feel free to contact him -HERE- with questions or comments.
For more, go to: JagNation.com
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More