The final preview for the Jacksonville Jaguars as they travel to take on the Denver Broncos.
What We Learned Against Denver
1. Run the ball. The Jaguars ran the ball for 155 yards on 34 carries, led by Maurice Jones-Drew's 22 carries for 125 yards.
2. Take some shots deep. The Jaguars actually went three and four wide and threw the ball downfield. When they did they had some success. Garrard hit Troy Williamson on a deep ball which was called back for holding, but the Jaguars made enough plays downfield to open up room for the running game.
3. Pressure Cutler. The Jaguars didn't register any sacks, but Jay Cutler was hurried and had a few passes knocked down. The defense did a fine job of disrupting Cutler.
4. Win special teams. Special teams was mostly played to a duel, as the Jaguars didn't really make any big plays. The Broncos punted better, and both kickers made all of their field goal attempts.
5. Play with urgency. The Jaguars realized the importance of this game and they played well and dominated the line of scrimmage.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to score, and get over 125 yards from scrimmage. Jones-Drew had 125 yards rushing, and he caught two more passes for 23 yards. He had two rushing touchdowns.
2. Look for a big game from Brandon Marshall. Marshall didn't disappoint as he caught nine passes for 98 yards.
3. Look for time of possession to determine the winner. The Jaguars had the TOP advantage, 33:25 to 26:35.
4. Look for Derrick Harvey's first sack. Harvey came close, but couldn't close the deal.
5. Look for Matt Jones to lead the team in receiving. Jones led the team again with seven catches for 69 yards.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More