Our final look at the matchup with the Tennessee Titans coming to town to take on the Jaguars.
What We Learned Against Tennessee
1. Stop the run. The Jacksonville defense played fairly good run defense without John Henderson as they allowed the Titans just 114 yards on the ground.
2. Make plays in the passing game. That certainly didn't happen. David Garrard was very inaccurate and the receivers didn't make any plays outside of the very routine. 135 passing yards will not get the job done in this league.
3. Protect Garrard. The Jags offensive line did a solid job against one of the toughest defensive lines in the game, as they allowed four sacks, but two of them were from the QB holding the ball too long.
4. Be the more physical team. They tried and failed. The Titans were more physical and dominated the line of scrimmage in the second half.
5. Make a big play on special teams. Brian Witherspoon had an off and on evening returning kicks, as he had a 31-yard return that set up a score, and he had a kickoff bounce off his leg and out of bounds at the three yard line.
What to look for:
1. Look for 150+ yards rushing by the Titans. The Jaguars didn't allow any big runs, but the Titans moved the ball on the ground with relative ease in the second half.
2. Look for a big day by Maurice Jones-Drew. MJD had 66 yards rushing on 17 attempts, and scored two touchdowns. He added 27 yards on three receptions.
3. Marcedes in the seam. Lewis was found in the seam once and he gained 19 yards.
4. Bo Scaife will have a big day. Scaife didn't have a huge day, as he caught just two passes for 28 yards.
5. Look for Brian Witherspoon to be special. Brian Witherspoon had an off and on evening returning kicks, as he had a 31-yard return that set up a score, and he had a kickoff bounce off his leg and out of bounds at the three yard line.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More