Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Stop the run. The Jacksonville defense played fairly good run defense without John Henderson as they allowed the Titans just 114 yards on the ground.
2. Make plays in the passing game. That certainly didn't happen. David Garrard was very inaccurate and the receivers didn't make any plays outside of the very routine. 135 passing yards will not get the job done in this league.
3. Protect Garrard. The Jags offensive line did a solid job against one of the toughest defensive lines in the game, as they allowed four sacks, but two of them were from the QB holding the ball too long.
4. Be the more physical team. They tried and failed. The Titans were more physical and dominated the line of scrimmage in the second half.
5. Make a big play on special teams. Brian Witherspoon had an off and on evening returning kicks, as he had a 31-yard return that set up a score, and he had a kickoff bounce off his leg and out of bounds at the three yard line.
What to look for:
1. Look for 150+ yards rushing by the Titans. The Jaguars didn't allow any big runs, but the Titans moved the ball on the ground with relative ease in the second half.
2. Look for a big day by Maurice Jones-Drew. MJD had 66 yards rushing on 17 attempts, and scored two touchdowns. He added 27 yards on three receptions.
3. Marcedes in the seam. Lewis was found in the seam once and he gained 19 yards.
4. Bo Scaife will have a big day. Scaife didn't have a huge day, as he caught just two passes for 28 yards.
5. Look for Brian Witherspoon to be special. Brian Witherspoon had an off and on evening returning kicks, as he had a 31-yard return that set up a score, and he had a kickoff bounce off his leg and out of bounds at the three yard line.
Our final look at the matchup with the Tennessee Titans coming to town to take on the Jaguars…