At 6-0 180-pounds, cornerback Johnavon Fulton from Manning (SC) talked about the latest with…
What We Learned Against the Houston Texans
1. Limit big plays. The Texans had several big plays from Steve Slaton and a big catch by Andre Johnson.
2. Open it up. The Jaguars didn't open it up until the end, when it was too late.
3. Win special teams. That didn't happen either. Jacoby Jones had the only big return and the Jaguars failed to recover three onside kicks.
4. Get started early. No points in the first half wouldn't constitute getting started early.
5. Don't hold the ball. David Garrard held the ball.
What to look for:
1. Look for Rashean Mathis to line up against Andre Johnson. Mathis did during the first half until he left the game with a knee injury. It didn't slow down Johnson too much as he caught six passes in the first half.
2. Look for a lot of three-step drops. The short passing game was good to the Texans early, and they didn't need to throw much in the second half.
3. Look for Owen Daniels to step up. Daniels wasn't much of a factor as he caught two passes for 25 yards.
4. Look for Slaton to get shut down. That didn't happen. Slaton gained 130 yards on 21 touchdowns with two touchdowns. He caught two passes for 52 yards.
5. Look for lots of red. The Texans uniforms consisted of red jerseys and red pants, and much of the crowd was wearing red. The Jaguars faces should be red with embarrassment.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More