The Jaguars may have finally solved their problem of getting off to slow starts.
What We Learned Against Green Bay
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars showed up in a big way as they looked like a different team on defense, and David Garrard looked like a different quarterback.
2. Limit big plays. The Jaguars didn't exactly limit big plays as James Jones got deep a couple times, but the defense played well enough to hold on.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew didn't get a ton of touches, as he received just 12 carries and had four receptions, but he did make a difference with two touchdowns.
4. Win special teams. The Jaguars didn't exactly win special teams, but they didn't give up any big returns.
5. Pressure Rodgers. The Jacksonville pass rush came alive on Sunday as they were all over Aaron Rodgers for much of the day.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Missed on this one, there were no big special teams plays.
2. Look for Rodgers to have a better than 100 QB rating. Rodgers had a solid day, as he completed 20 of 32 passes for 278 yards, one touchdown and one interception. His rating was just 87.8.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller was stellar Sunday as he completed 21 of 33 passes for 238 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a QB rating of 105.4.
4. Look for MJD to score. Jones-Drew scored not once, but twice. The two touchdowns were his 13th and 14th of the season.
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The Packers dynamic receiver caught just three passes, but one of them was for a four-yard touchdown.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Thursday night throwing fest on deck?
The Thursday night showdown between the Broncos and Chargers at Mile High Stadium (sponsorship withstanding) could see passing yardage a half mile long. Peyton Manning and Philip Rivers are at the top…Read More
Week 8: Fantasy Football Sit 'em
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rob Warner recommends a handful of players who should ride the pine. It may be because of a bad matchup, lost playing time, a nagging injury or an overwhelming…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More