The Jaguars may have finally solved their problem of getting off to slow starts.
What We Learned Against Green Bay
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars showed up in a big way as they looked like a different team on defense, and David Garrard looked like a different quarterback.
2. Limit big plays. The Jaguars didn't exactly limit big plays as James Jones got deep a couple times, but the defense played well enough to hold on.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew didn't get a ton of touches, as he received just 12 carries and had four receptions, but he did make a difference with two touchdowns.
4. Win special teams. The Jaguars didn't exactly win special teams, but they didn't give up any big returns.
5. Pressure Rodgers. The Jacksonville pass rush came alive on Sunday as they were all over Aaron Rodgers for much of the day.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Missed on this one, there were no big special teams plays.
2. Look for Rodgers to have a better than 100 QB rating. Rodgers had a solid day, as he completed 20 of 32 passes for 278 yards, one touchdown and one interception. His rating was just 87.8.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller was stellar Sunday as he completed 21 of 33 passes for 238 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a QB rating of 105.4.
4. Look for MJD to score. Jones-Drew scored not once, but twice. The two touchdowns were his 13th and 14th of the season.
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The Packers dynamic receiver caught just three passes, but one of them was for a four-yard touchdown.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
AP Poll Week Eight
Mississippi State stays No. 1 after the bye week and Florida State is still No. 2 this week...Read More
5 Tips for Deer Hunting Over Feeders
As an avid whitetail enthusiast sitting in a blind watching over a wildlife feeder, I believe you can benefit from these tipsRead More
Keith “Catman” Sutton’s guide to catching blue catfish all year long.Read More