The Jaguars may have finally solved their problem of getting off to slow starts.
What We Learned Against Green Bay
1. Find a reason to play. The Jaguars showed up in a big way as they looked like a different team on defense, and David Garrard looked like a different quarterback.
2. Limit big plays. The Jaguars didn't exactly limit big plays as James Jones got deep a couple times, but the defense played well enough to hold on.
3. Give it to MJD. Jones-Drew didn't get a ton of touches, as he received just 12 carries and had four receptions, but he did make a difference with two touchdowns.
4. Win special teams. The Jaguars didn't exactly win special teams, but they didn't give up any big returns.
5. Pressure Rodgers. The Jacksonville pass rush came alive on Sunday as they were all over Aaron Rodgers for much of the day.
What to look for:
1. Look for a big special teams play. Missed on this one, there were no big special teams plays.
2. Look for Rodgers to have a better than 100 QB rating. Rodgers had a solid day, as he completed 20 of 32 passes for 278 yards, one touchdown and one interception. His rating was just 87.8.
3. Look for Garrard to continue his decline. The Jaguars signal caller was stellar Sunday as he completed 21 of 33 passes for 238 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions for a QB rating of 105.4.
4. Look for MJD to score. Jones-Drew scored not once, but twice. The two touchdowns were his 13th and 14th of the season.
5. Look for Greg Jennings to find the end zone. The Packers dynamic receiver caught just three passes, but one of them was for a four-yard touchdown.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More
Updated 2017 Top 50
In early July, Scout.com introduced a 2017 top 15. After spending time watching sophomores during the July evaluation periods and in the fall, it's time to extend that list to a top 50. DeAndre Ayton,…Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More