Tonight marks the Jaguars first (and only) scrimmage open to the public. With just nine days until…
Jaguars Scrimmage Recap
Saturday, JagNation gave you a list of 10 things to look for during the scrimmage and we will now go back and recap each item.
1. Is David Garrard going to go through his progressions and take some shots downfield? Garrard's struggles throughout the first week of practice certainly carried over into the scrimmage, as he didn't look confident in the pocket, threw inaccurately, and was intercepted by third-round pick Derek Cox.
2. Tra Thomas vs. Derrick Harvey. This matchup looked like a stalemate as Harvey had a few plays where he was explosive off the snap and gained penetration. Thomas was a mountain throughout the rest of the scrimmage.
3. Seperation from the WR's. The passing game struggled through much of the practice so it was difficult to measure the amount of separation by the receivers. Jarett Dillard and Mike Walker both made fine catches.
4. Defensive formations. The Jaguars rarely differentiated from the base 4-3.
5. Terrance Knighton vs. Jags interior line. Knighton did not participate.
6. Derek Cox. Cox once again looked like the real deal, as he showed good hands by picking off a telegraphed David Garrard throw. Cox had excellent coverage on each of the receivers he was lined up across from.
7. Torry Holt. Holt was only used in short slant and out patterns. He did catch everything thrown his way.
8. Zach Miller. Miller showed an ability to go get the football in the middle of traffic. He moves fluidly and looks like a tight end, not a quarterback relocation project.
9. Wildcat. The Jaguars showed no wildcat formations which reinforces the likelihood of them using it in the regular season.
10. Rashad Jennings. Jennings showed soft hands and a solid burst out of the backfield. Great seventh-round pick.
Check out the new JagNation App for the iPhone. More information on iTunes or CLICK HERE
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More