Tonight marks the Jaguars first (and only) scrimmage open to the public. With just nine days until…
Jaguars Scrimmage Recap
Saturday, JagNation gave you a list of 10 things to look for during the scrimmage and we will now go back and recap each item.
1. Is David Garrard going to go through his progressions and take some shots downfield? Garrard's struggles throughout the first week of practice certainly carried over into the scrimmage, as he didn't look confident in the pocket, threw inaccurately, and was intercepted by third-round pick Derek Cox.
2. Tra Thomas vs. Derrick Harvey. This matchup looked like a stalemate as Harvey had a few plays where he was explosive off the snap and gained penetration. Thomas was a mountain throughout the rest of the scrimmage.
3. Seperation from the WR's. The passing game struggled through much of the practice so it was difficult to measure the amount of separation by the receivers. Jarett Dillard and Mike Walker both made fine catches.
4. Defensive formations. The Jaguars rarely differentiated from the base 4-3.
5. Terrance Knighton vs. Jags interior line. Knighton did not participate.
6. Derek Cox. Cox once again looked like the real deal, as he showed good hands by picking off a telegraphed David Garrard throw. Cox had excellent coverage on each of the receivers he was lined up across from.
7. Torry Holt. Holt was only used in short slant and out patterns. He did catch everything thrown his way.
8. Zach Miller. Miller showed an ability to go get the football in the middle of traffic. He moves fluidly and looks like a tight end, not a quarterback relocation project.
9. Wildcat. The Jaguars showed no wildcat formations which reinforces the likelihood of them using it in the regular season.
10. Rashad Jennings. Jennings showed soft hands and a solid burst out of the backfield. Great seventh-round pick.
Check out the new JagNation App for the iPhone. More information on iTunes or CLICK HERE
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Visionary Sleepers
The Kansas City Chiefs aren't exactly known for their passing attack; however, Dr. Roto does have a man-crush on one KC receiver in Week 8. Dwayne Bowe (pictured above) has yet to score a touchdown or…Read More
NCAA Up Next
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The Wainstein report released on Wednesday provided insight into the NCAA’s reopening of its infractions case at North Carolina this summer and also highlighted potential academic…Read More
6 Sports Records Made to Be Broken
Move over Manning—here's a list of the best individual sports records that are ripe for breaking.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
NFL WEEK 7: Cheerleaders Who Need a Hug
It's easy to smile when your team wins. Here's to those women who didn't have it so easy.Read More