There's much more to the preseason than the final score. With that said, JagNation delves into…
What We Learned Against Tampa Bay
Five most important things for the Jaguars:
1. Garrard has to be the best QB on the field. David Garrard was certainly improved as he completed 10 of 16 passes for 216 yards, including a 74-yard touchdown strike to Troy Williamson. Garrard did have a hard time getting the ball out quickly as he took a few sacks, but his play was solid in his half of action, and Jaguars fans should be encouraged.
2. Stop the run with the 3-4. The Jaguars played more 4-3 than 3-4, but still had a tough time stopping the Tampa Bay running game, as the Bucs gained 159 yards on 38 carries (4.2 ypc).
3. Get better on special teams. The Jaguars coverage units were a problem again, as the Bucs had a few big kickoff and punt returns.
4. Cover better. Jaguars corners, mainly Brian Williams did a much better job against the pass in this game.
5. Commit fewer penalties. The Jaguars bettered their 11 penalty for 98 yard performance on Monday night, but only just slightly. Jacksonville still committed 10 penalties for 53 yards.
Players to keep an eye on:
1. Eugene Monroe - Monroe was very solid at left tackle, and a semi-controversial holding penalty kept him from being perfect. Monroe was lined up against Gaines Adams on a few occasions and handled the talented pass rusher.
2. Tony Pashos - It was more of the same for Pashos, as he was inconsistent.
3. Derek Cox - DNP.
4. Terrance Knighton - Terrance Knighton got his first start and played very well. Knighton is a load in the middle and was able to routinely suck up blocks for others to make plays.
5. Troy Williamson - Williamson started the game off with a bang as he caught a 74-yard touchdown pass on the game's first play, but he would not be done. Williamson caught two more passes and finished with three catches for 147 yards.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More