The Arizona Cardinals rebounded in Week 2 for their first win of the year after a dismal outing in…
What We Learned: Jaguars vs Cardinals
1. Pressure Kurt Warner. The Jaguars rarely put any kind of heat on Warner, thus leading to his record setting day. Zero sacks recorded and just one hit on the quarterback.
2. Don't let Larry Fitzgerald beat you. Fitzgerald didn't beat the Jags by himself, as he was used more or less as a decoy. Four catches for 34 yards and an acrobatic touchdown.
3. No arm tackles. Tackling was a big problem for the Jaguars, namely Reggie Nelson.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Diversity. The Cards stacked the box to stop Maurice Jones-Drew and despite a big early run, they were very effective. Garrard couldn't hit his receivers until it was too late.
2. Take some shots downfield. The Jags didn't really do this until the outcome was already decided.
3. A fast start. The Jaguars scored on their first offensive possession, but the defense couldn't do it's part.
What to look for:
1. Look for a low-scoring game. The Jags offense did it's part, unfortunately the defense allowed far too many points.
2. Look for the Cards to test Derek Cox. The Cards tested everyone with outstanding results.
3. Look for the Jags to take some shots downfield. They did later in the game, but there was too much underneath stuff in the first half.
4. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to run for less than 75 yards. MJD finished with just 13 carries for 66 yards. The score of the game pretty much neutralized any chance of Jones-Drew being successful.
5. Look for the Jags to win the football game. Boy, were we off.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Michigan: Brandon Resigns, Hackett Interim AD
Michigan President Mark Schlissel officially announced the resignation of athletic director Dave Brandon Friday. Schlissel appointed Jim Hackett as the interim AD with the plan moving forward to hire…Read More
Hoops: Where are the Top Recruits Going?
The initial basketball signing period begins in less than two weeks and there are currently 22 players in Scout.com's 2015 top 100 still uncommitted. Who are those 22 players considering and who will…Read More
Catch Big Fall Bass on Natural Lakes and Rivers
Check out some great tips for bass fishing up north as the water cools on its way into winter. There is some great fishing to be had right now before it gets too cold.Read More
10 Creepy Trail Cam Pics For Halloween
Most of us would prefer to be sitting in our treestand on Halloween, waiting for a rutting buck to wonder past, than following our kids from house to house scrambling for treats. Here are a 10 spooky…Read More
2015 NFL Mock Draft 1.0
We're at the halfway mark of the NFL season, so here's our first crack at a mock draft. Hey, Oakland Raiders, you're on the clock!Read More