The Arizona Cardinals rebounded in Week 2 for their first win of the year after a dismal outing in…
What We Learned: Jaguars vs Cardinals
1. Pressure Kurt Warner. The Jaguars rarely put any kind of heat on Warner, thus leading to his record setting day. Zero sacks recorded and just one hit on the quarterback.
2. Don't let Larry Fitzgerald beat you. Fitzgerald didn't beat the Jags by himself, as he was used more or less as a decoy. Four catches for 34 yards and an acrobatic touchdown.
3. No arm tackles. Tackling was a big problem for the Jaguars, namely Reggie Nelson.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Diversity. The Cards stacked the box to stop Maurice Jones-Drew and despite a big early run, they were very effective. Garrard couldn't hit his receivers until it was too late.
2. Take some shots downfield. The Jags didn't really do this until the outcome was already decided.
3. A fast start. The Jaguars scored on their first offensive possession, but the defense couldn't do it's part.
What to look for:
1. Look for a low-scoring game. The Jags offense did it's part, unfortunately the defense allowed far too many points.
2. Look for the Cards to test Derek Cox. The Cards tested everyone with outstanding results.
3. Look for the Jags to take some shots downfield. They did later in the game, but there was too much underneath stuff in the first half.
4. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to run for less than 75 yards. MJD finished with just 13 carries for 66 yards. The score of the game pretty much neutralized any chance of Jones-Drew being successful.
5. Look for the Jags to win the football game. Boy, were we off.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Peyton Manning Breaks All-Time TD Record
Peyton Manning emerged alone atop yet another category in the NFL record book tonight vs the Niners, as he tossed touchdown #509 under the national spotlight of Sunday Night Football (NBC). (Photo…Read More
LenDale White escorted out of the Coliseum
Former USC and NFL running back LenDale White added tons of drama to what was a relatively quiet Homecoming weekend for the Trojans.Read More
Video Tip: The 1-Minute Golf Swing
Here’s a way to watch football and improve your golf swing at the same time. In your living room (or on the range), practice the one-minute golf swing, as shown in this video. Set the timer on your…Read More
Dr. Roto Video: Week 7 Recap
Dr. Roto, like many others, can't believe Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (pictured above) passed for over 300 yards and rushed for over 100 yards in the same game. First time that's ever happened…Read More
Windy Weather Whitetails
As soon as those winds fall off, get into the stand! I always tell people you can't kill them if you aren't out, but if you want to try and pick an opportune time – this is it.Read More