This weekend provides a few interesting divisional games, and then there are some layup matchups.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Seahawks
Sunday, October 11th, 4:00 p.m.
Kickoff Temperature: 49 degrees, sunny
Line: Pick 'em
Trends: Jaguars have won two straight; Seahawks have lost three straight and four of their last five.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bring the heat. The Seattle offensive line is a mess right now, and if Matt Hasselbeck is starting at quarterback, he will not be able to get out of the way of the impending rush.
2. Be aware of Burleson. Seattle's Nate Burleson is off to a great start and he can get behind the defense and make some big plays.
3. Stop Carlson. The Jaguars have notoriously struggled against some of the top pass-catching tight ends in the game. Carlson is one of those, and the Jags must contain him.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Get MJD involved. Maurice Jones-Drew had a quiet day last Sunday, but they didn't need him as the passing game was clicking. MJD is the team's best player, and he should get 20 or more touches.
2. No turnovers. With all of Seattle's injuries, the Jaguars appear to have a better team, and if they can keep the turnovers to a minimum, they should have an excellent chance of winning.
3. Keep up the momentum with MSW. Mike Sims-Walker has exploded the last three weeks, and he's looking like David Garrard's top pass catching option. Jacksonville needs to keep the connection of Garrard to Sims-Walker going.
What to look for:
1. Jaguars offense in the gun. David Garrard is a better quarterback from the shotgun, and they can still run out of it with Maurice Jones-Drew.
2. More trickery from Mike Thomas. Thomas is sudden, and he adds a dimension to the offense that they haven't had, maybe ever.
3. Sims-Walker to lead the team in receiving. He looks like the best receiver on the team, why wouldn't he continue his fine play?
4. Marcedes to score. Tight end Marcedes Lewis is quietly having a great year, and he should exploit an injured Seattle linebacking corps.
5. Garrard to have over 100 QB rating. David Garrard has been playing well, and he should be able to keep it going.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Scout's ACC All-Century Team
There have been so many great basketball players in the Atlantic Coast Conference since 2000, but which have been the very best? We break down the Player of the Century, Best Coach, Best Freshman, and…Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More