The Jacksonville Jaguars scratched and clawed their way to a 23-20 overtime victory against the…
Jaguars: What We Learned Against St. Louis
1. Bend but don't break. The Jaguars didn't allow many big plays, and the Rams offense struggled after the opening drive.
2. Affect the quarterback. Jacksonville was able to sustain some pressure on Marc Bulger, as they recorded their fifth sack of the season, and hit him twice.
3. Stop Steve. Running back Steven Jackson ran for 50 yards on 16 carries, but led the Rams in receiving with six catches for 78 yards.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Stay balanced. The Jaguars had a nice mix of run and pass as the receivers and Maurice Jones-Drew put up big numbers.
2. Get Walker re-started. Mike Sims-Walker was big again as he gave David Garrard another great target to throw to.
3. Limit turnovers. The Jaguars turned the ball over three times, one of which a Garrard interception that went back for a touchdown. If it wasn't for the turnovers, the team would've won in a blowout.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to go over the century mark with a trip to the end zone. Jones-Drew had 133 yards rushing on 33 carries with three touchdowns, and he caught five passes for 45 yards.
2. Look for MSW to lead the team in receiving. The UCF grad caught nine passes for 120 yards as he led the team in receiving.
3. Look for Steven Jackson to struggle. Jackson was good, but not great, as he averaged just over three yards per carry.
4. Look for the Jags to register two or more sacks. They were only able to get one sack and they hit Bulger twice.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. The Jags won ugly, but they won. It was an unimpressive performance against a team who's now lost 16 consecutive games.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More