The concern about the wide receiver position continues to grow. Earlier in the week, the Jaguars…
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Line: It's preseason, only the degenerate gamblers bet on this, but if you must the Jaguars are getting three points.
Injury Notes: Jaguars will likely be without starting tackles Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton, as well as rookies Tyson Alualu and Austen Lane. Second-year wide receiver Jarett Dillard will also miss the game.
Preseason is all about how guys play and less about strategy or the scoreboard. With that said, here's what to look for:
1. Look at how the Jaguars run-block. With the team's starting tackles out of action, it is highly unlikely that the team will risk the health of David Garrard by calling a lot of pass plays. The Jaguars will lean on the run heavily and spots on the interior line are up for grabs.
2. Watch the safety position. Kevin Kolb won't see a ton of action but when he's in the game the Eagles are likely to throw the football. With a pair of safety jobs up for grabs, lets see who can step up.
3. Can the defensive line get pressure. The Jaguars simply couldn't rush the passer a year ago and they spent much of their draft and free agency dollars on changing that. It's likely that we won't see Aaron Kampman and Derrick Harvey for long, but lets see if they can into the backfield.
Three players to watch:
1. Mike Thomas- The second-year wideout has looked like the real deal all throughout training camp. He will likely start opposite Mike Sims-Walker and it will be interesting to see how he operates against real competition.
2. Luke McCown- Luke will see some extended action and he needs to play well. McCown has been utterly inconsistent throughout camp and if he has any intentions of becoming more than just a backup he should start producing sooner rather than later.
3. Sean Considine- Considine is playing against his former mates and is in the running for a starting job at safety. After a mediocre first week of camp, Considine has come on strong by playing very well in the team's scrimmage and forcing turnovers in practice.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Rivalry Week on Scout
Build yourself a sky-high left-over turkey sandwich, cover it in a creamy sauce of hate, and get ready to scream!Read More
Scout College Football Top 30- Week Thirteen
The top 30 teams in college football after Week Thirteen...Read More
Outdoorsman's Gift Guide: Christmas 2014
Finding just the right present for that special someone can be a challenge, so we’ve compiled a wide variety of hunting, fishing and outdoor gifts that you—or Santa—can deliver this Christmas.Read More
Week 13: Player Downgrades
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Rusty Reeves predicts a heaping handful of players who will decline in the coming weeks. They should be downgraded at least one tier. Chicago Bears QB Jay Cutler …Read More
The First Thanksgiving: 10 Myths and Facts
The story of the first Thanksgiving is filled with folklore and legend. But what’s the real story? Here are 10 commonly believed myths about the First Thanksgiving debunked.Read More