The concern about the wide receiver position continues to grow. Earlier in the week, the Jaguars…
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Line: It's preseason, only the degenerate gamblers bet on this, but if you must the Jaguars are getting three points.
Injury Notes: Jaguars will likely be without starting tackles Eugene Monroe and Eben Britton, as well as rookies Tyson Alualu and Austen Lane. Second-year wide receiver Jarett Dillard will also miss the game.
Preseason is all about how guys play and less about strategy or the scoreboard. With that said, here's what to look for:
1. Look at how the Jaguars run-block. With the team's starting tackles out of action, it is highly unlikely that the team will risk the health of David Garrard by calling a lot of pass plays. The Jaguars will lean on the run heavily and spots on the interior line are up for grabs.
2. Watch the safety position. Kevin Kolb won't see a ton of action but when he's in the game the Eagles are likely to throw the football. With a pair of safety jobs up for grabs, lets see who can step up.
3. Can the defensive line get pressure. The Jaguars simply couldn't rush the passer a year ago and they spent much of their draft and free agency dollars on changing that. It's likely that we won't see Aaron Kampman and Derrick Harvey for long, but lets see if they can into the backfield.
Three players to watch:
1. Mike Thomas- The second-year wideout has looked like the real deal all throughout training camp. He will likely start opposite Mike Sims-Walker and it will be interesting to see how he operates against real competition.
2. Luke McCown- Luke will see some extended action and he needs to play well. McCown has been utterly inconsistent throughout camp and if he has any intentions of becoming more than just a backup he should start producing sooner rather than later.
3. Sean Considine- Considine is playing against his former mates and is in the running for a starting job at safety. After a mediocre first week of camp, Considine has come on strong by playing very well in the team's scrimmage and forcing turnovers in practice.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Week 8: Super Sleepers
Every week, Fantasy Football Expert Jeb Gorham digs in his list of rankings to find the best sleepers for deeper formats. Consider giving these players a chance, but be aware of the risk! Tampa Bay…Read More
Watch: Sailfish Goes Psycho!
Check out this classic video of Dan Larson battling an acrobatic sailfish on a trip to the world-famous Tropic Star Lodge in Panama.Read More
BOMBS AWAY: ISIS BEFORE AND AFTER AIRSTRIKE
Photographer Bulent Kilic captured these amazing images of ISIS members who were on the very wrong end of an allied bombing in Turkey.Read More
TBT: Pumpkin Carving With A Handgun
While many hunters are focused on pursuing big game in late October, it’s also time to make sure you’re ready for Halloween, and specifically trick-or-treaters. In this throwback Thursday video,…Read More
Sullivan weighs seriousness of concussions
John Sullivan has suffered five concussions in his seven-year career, but he doesn’t believe his future is “in doubt.” He weighs the severity of the concussions against the number of them.Read More