Tonight marks the Jaguars first (and only) scrimmage open to the public. With just nine days until…
Jaguars Scrimmage Recap
Saturday, JagNation gave you a list of 10 things to look for during the scrimmage and we will now go back and recap each item.
1. Is David Garrard going to go through his progressions and take some shots downfield? Garrard's struggles throughout the first week of practice certainly carried over into the scrimmage, as he didn't look confident in the pocket, threw inaccurately, and was intercepted by third-round pick Derek Cox.
2. Tra Thomas vs. Derrick Harvey. This matchup looked like a stalemate as Harvey had a few plays where he was explosive off the snap and gained penetration. Thomas was a mountain throughout the rest of the scrimmage.
3. Seperation from the WR's. The passing game struggled through much of the practice so it was difficult to measure the amount of separation by the receivers. Jarett Dillard and Mike Walker both made fine catches.
4. Defensive formations. The Jaguars rarely differentiated from the base 4-3.
5. Terrance Knighton vs. Jags interior line. Knighton did not participate.
6. Derek Cox. Cox once again looked like the real deal, as he showed good hands by picking off a telegraphed David Garrard throw. Cox had excellent coverage on each of the receivers he was lined up across from.
7. Torry Holt. Holt was only used in short slant and out patterns. He did catch everything thrown his way.
8. Zach Miller. Miller showed an ability to go get the football in the middle of traffic. He moves fluidly and looks like a tight end, not a quarterback relocation project.
9. Wildcat. The Jaguars showed no wildcat formations which reinforces the likelihood of them using it in the regular season.
10. Rashad Jennings. Jennings showed soft hands and a solid burst out of the backfield. Great seventh-round pick.
Check out the new JagNation App for the iPhone. More information on iTunes or CLICK HERE
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Mad’s World: Giants Ride Bumgarner To Title
It's a rare series when a starting pitcher truly has the biggest influence of any player on the field. But in the 2014 World Series, San Francisco Giants' left-hander Madison Bumgarner clearly was the…Read More
How the CFB Playoff Will Look in December
With the first rankings released, we project the rest of the season and predict the final four...Read More
Fish Backwaters to Beat Tough Fall River Bite
If you're having a tough time catching bass this fall on your favorite river, you might want to read this tutorial from Bassmaster Pro Stephen Browning. Browning has won a lot of money fishing rivers…Read More
NFL Week 8: Cheerleaders who need a hug
Scout's weekly salute to women cheering weak teams.Read More
Video: U.S. bombs ISIS base in Iraq
U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) released new videos of the latest Operation Inherent Resolve airstrikes intended to "degrade and destroy" ISIS.Read More