Greg Barnes helps make sense of the Wainstein Report. What does it mean? What is next for UNC?
What We Learned: Jaguars vs 49ers
1. Stop Frank Gore. Frank Gore didn't do much as he ran for just 33 yards on 16 carries. Who knew that they wouldn't need him?
2. Don't let Alex Smith get into a rhythm. Smith was definitely in a rhythm as he completed 27 of 41 throws for 232 yards and a pair of touchdowns.
3. Be aware of Vernon Davis in the red zone. Davis scored in the red zone for the ninth time this season.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. MJD. The 49ers were stacking up the box to stop Jones-Drew and the Jaguars went away from him. MJD carried the ball just 15 times in the game.
2. Get off to an early start. The Jaguars didn't score until the final moments of the first half. Not really an early start.
3. Make misdirection your friend. The Jaguars used hardly any misdirection and no reverses to Mike Thomas.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice to get over 100. Jones-Drew made the most of his limited opportunities, but fell short of the century mark as he gained 75 yards on his 15 carries. He added 35 more yards in the passing game.
2. Look for a nice day by Michael Crabtree. Crabtree caught four passes for 54 yards and had some nice moves. His big day could've been much bigger as he dropped a pair of Alex Smith throws.
3. Look for a big day by the tight ends. Vernon Davis led the Niners in receiving with six catches for 69 yards and a touchdown. Davis' backup, Delaney Walker also caught four balls for 52 yards. Marcedes Lewis caught three passes for 40 yards.
4. Look for Garrard to throw his second TD pass on the road. Garrard didn't throw his second touchdown pass, but he did manage to fumble twice. He's leading the league in fumbles lost.
5. Look for the Jaguars to suffer a setback. The writing was on the wall. This team isn't as good as its record and their quarterback doesn't play well away from home.
JagsInsider.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Waiver Wire Wednesday
Dr. Roto believes Miami Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry will overtake WR Brian Hartline as the team's No. 2 receiver sooner rather than later. Stay ahead of the curve with Dr. Roto!Read More
Giants Strike First In Game One Rout
The San Francisco Giants came out swinging in Game One of the 2014 World Series, scoring three times in the first inning and never looking back.Read More
Three of earth’s best ingredients combined into one succulent strip. Tailgaters will bow in appreciation.Read More
National Anthem Played with a Gun!
Musical targets? Yes, this guy plays the national anthem while shooting musical targets.Read More
Late Season Eastern Steel
NAFC friend, Frank Scalish, is best known for his achievements as a professional bass fisherman, but when the weather cools, the tourneys are over and the last bass has been weighed, he dons waders,…Read More